Friday 13 September 2013

Waiting for a craft room...

So for the past year we have been renting a lovely little terraced house, it's very open plan and we spend a lot of time downstairs. It has two bedrooms and the second bedroom is a bit of a mixture of spare room, dressing room and home office.

The intention was always to make it my craft room (well that was my intention anyway) but over the course of the year I realised I didn't like shutting myself in a room away from all the activity in the house and gradually those craft supplies started coming downstairs.

Where they get a lot of use.. resulting in craft chaos.


In the new house I already know where my craft space will be and have already planned out the space to fit all my supplies nice and snug - I can't wait to get started on that and share my ideas. But for now, my craft stuff is staying put, but it could sure do with some organising.

So I shopped my home and came up with these. A shoe box, a shoe box lid and a shallow wicker basket.


My main problem is that I have several projects on the go at any one time and the supplies I need for each project I try to keep separate which at best means an ugly plastic bag or sometimes they just get thrown in the mix.



So using my new items from around the house I got rid of those plastic bags and created separate storage for my individual projects.

So much better!


It's only a temporary fix and it's not perfect or beautiful but for now it will do the trick!

Muchos x

No comments:

Post a Comment