Tuesday 29 April 2014

Ripple Crochet

So, as I mentioned last week, I have a finished crochet blanket, photos and a mini tutorial coming really soon! But since finishing the blanket, it has freed up some crochet time for me. I have recently become hooked (cheap crochet pun I know) on a few crochet blogs, namely Attic 24 and According to Matt. A few of their projects have inspired me, I have added learning to Tunisian crochet to my goals thanks to Matt, and have been dying to give this ripple pattern a try thanks to Lucy.

The ripple pattern has been playing on my mind the most, so I dived in, bought some new wool and have started my project. I am hoping to create a ripple cushion using these five colours, which should cause a splash on our dark grey sofa!


I have only been rippling for the last two nights, but boy am I addicted to those ripples, I read Lucy's post and wondering how she could be so enamoured with the ripples, after all surely a plain pattern is easier to lose yourself in, but since giving it a go.. I get it! Rippling is totally addictive, just seeing those lovely waves appear is wonderfully satisfying.


I am going to try and stay quite random with my colour choices, which is something I am terrible at, so we will have to see how that goes! But for now please gaze in happy contentment at my first few ripples.


If you want to give them a try, you can find Lucy's pattern here. Persevere through that first ripple row into your foundation chain, it drove me insane but it was definitely worth it!

Muchos x

No comments:

Post a Comment